INS (vector, element)
Insert vector element from another vector element.
This instruction is used by the alias
- Is the name of the SIMD and FP destination register.
- Is an element size specifier, and can be one of the values shown in Usage.
- Is the destination element index, in the range shown in Usage.
- Is the name of the SIMD and FP source register.
- Is the source element index in the range shown in Usage.
Insert vector element from another vector element. This instruction copies the vector element of the source SIMD and FP register to the specified vector element of the destination SIMD and FP register.
This instruction can insert data into individual elements within a SIMD and FP register without clearing the remaining bits to zero.
Depending on the settings in the CPACR_EL1, CPTR_EL2, and CPTR_EL3 registers, and the current Security state and Exception level, an attempt to execute the instruction might be trapped.
The following table shows the valid specifier combinations:
Table 20-16 INS (Vector) specifier combinations
|B||0 to 15||0 to 15|
|H||0 to 7||0 to 7|
|S||0 to 3||0 to 3|
|D||0 or 1||0 or 1|