DP500 - about
This component is a model of r1p0 of the DP500 Display Processor, with basic support for the display and scaling engines. Connect it to a visualization component to view LCD output.
It is a C++ component with a LISA wrapper.
It passes tests as part of a booting Android kernel and running under the control of the official DP500 drivers.
- All RGB and YUV format parsing, except for the ARM Frame Buffer Compression (AFBC) formats.
- Color adjustment in Display Engine (DE).
- Nearest neighbor scaling.
- All layers.
- Alpha blending.
- Memory writeback.
- Inverse gamma adjustment.
- Basic layer (overlay) and register security semantics.
- No support for polyphase scaling algorithm, only support for nearest neighbor.
- No support for 3D or interlaced video.
- No QoS support.
- No support for image enhancing functionality in the Scaling Engine (SE).
- No AFBC support.
- No dithering support.
- Power/test modes are modeled only as register state changes.
- No chroma keying support.
- No gamma adjustment support.
- No support for the YUV420p2 format as an output format.