DesignStart Pro is the fastest, most affordable way to access a select mix of Arm IP for commercial custom SoC or ASIC design. With a simplified contract, success-based royalties and design support, engineers can design confidently and accelerate time to market.
Start developing your custom SoC with access to the industry-leading Arm Cortex-M0, Cortex-M3 and Cortex-A5 processors:
|The smallest Arm processor available, enabling developers to achieve 32-bit performance at an 8-bit price point, bypassing the step to 16-bit devices.
||Industry-leading 32-bit processor for deterministic, real-time applications, specifically developed for high-performance, low-cost platforms.
||The smallest, lowest power Armv7 application processor, with Linux-capable processing for IoT and embedded applications.
Training and Support
Arm offers a range of training, support and documentation for companies looking to commercialise with DesignStart.
Arm offers expert training for DesignStart products, created by Arm Engineers and starting at $99.
We offer an RTL review for DesignStart customers, to help verify your SoC design and reduce risk before tape out.
Already registered for DesignStart and looking for advanced, personalized support? Arm offer a paid-for service where you can get fast answers on any issue from our team of highly qualified in-house experts. Ask a question 24/7 by web or email and track its status with our online case-tracking tool.
Not registered? Instantly access information and support from Arm experts, ecosystem partners and other DesignStart designers via the DesignStart Community.
- Cortex-M0 Technical Reference Manual
- Cortex-M0 Implementation Reference Manual (available in the DesignStart Pro download package)
- Cortex-M3 Processor Technical Reference Manual (Arm100165)
- CoreLink SDK-100 System Design Kit Technical Overview (Arm101062)
- Cortex-M System Design Kit Technical Reference Manual (Arm DDI0479)
- Cortex-M3 Devices Generic User Guide (Arm DUI0552)
- CoreSight SoC-400 Technical Reference Manual (Arm 100536)
- CoreSight Components Technical Reference Manual (Arm DDI0314)
- Debug Interface Architecture Specification, ADIv5.0 to ADIv5.2 (Arm IHI0031)
- Embedded Trace Macrocell Architecture Specification (Arm IHI0014)
- AMBA APB Protocol Specification, Version 2.0 (Arm IHI0024)
- AMBA 3 AHB-Lite Protocol Specification (Arm IHI0033)
- Cortex-M3 Embedded Software Developement Documentation (Arm DAI0179)
- Arm Architecture Reference Manual Armv7-A and Armv7-R Edition (Arm DDI0406)
- Cortex-A5 Cycle Model User Guide (Arm DUI1002)
- Cortex-A5 Technical Reference Manual (Arm DDI0433)
- Cortex-A5 Floating-Point Unit Technical Reference Manual (Arm DDI0499)
- Cortex-A5 Neon Media Processing Engine Technical Reference Manual (Arm DDI0450)
- Arm C Language Extensions 2018 (Arm 101028)
Useful documentation and resources
Related IP and Tools
The Cortex-M0, Cortex-M3 and Cortex-A5 processor can be incorporated into an SoC using a broad range of Arm technology through DesignStart.
Arm Flexible Access
If you would like to evaluate and design solutions with a broader range of Arm IP, learn more about Arm Flexible Access.
Arm Flexible Access offers the freedom to explore and design with a wide-ranging package of Arm IP, tools and services - with licensing due only when your SoC design is ready and committed for manufacture.