DesignStart Pro is the fastest, most affordable way to access proven Arm IP for commercial custom SoC/ASIC design. With a simplified contract, success-based royalties and design support, engineers can design confidently and accelerate time to market.
Start developing your custom SoC with access to the industry-leading Arm Cortex-M0, Cortex-M3 and Cortex-A5 processors:
|The smallest Arm processor available, enabling developers to achieve 32-bit performance at an 8-bit price point, bypassing the step to 16-bit devices.||Industry-leading 32-bit processor for deterministic, real-time applications, specifically developed for high-performance, low-cost platforms.||The smallest, lowest power Armv7 application processor, with Linux-capable processing for IoT and embedded applications.|
Training and Support
Arm offers a range of training, support and documentation for companies looking to commercialise with DesignStart.
Arm offers expert training for DesignStart products, created by Arm Engineers and starting at $99.
We offer an RTL review for DesignStart customers, to help verify your SoC design and reduce risk tape out.
Already registered for DesignStart and looking for advanced, personalized support? Arm offer a paid-for service where you can get fast answers on any issue from our team of highly qualified in-house experts. Ask a question 24/7 by web or email and track its status with our online case-tracking tool.
Not registered? Instantly access information and support from Arm experts, ecosystem partners and other DesignStart designers via the DesignStart Community.
- Cortex-M0 Technical Reference Manual
- Cortex-M0 Implementation Reference Manual (available in the DesignStart Pro download package)
- Cortex-M3 Processor Technical Reference Manual (Arm100165)
- CoreLink SDK-100 System Design Kit Technical Overview (Arm101062)
- Cortex-M System Design Kit Technical Reference Manual (Arm DDI0479)
- Cortex-M3 Devices Generic User Guide (Arm DUI0552)
- CoreSight SoC-400 Technical Reference Manual (Arm 100536)
- CoreSight Components Technical Reference Manual (Arm DDI0314)
- Debug Interface Architecture Specification, ADIv5.0 to ADIv5.2 (Arm IHI0031)
- Embedded Trace Macrocell Architecture Specification (Arm IHI0014)
- AMBA APB Protocol Specification, Version 2.0 (Arm IHI0024)
- AMBA 3 AHB-Lite Protocol Specification (Arm IHI0033)
- Cortex-M3 Embedded Software Developement Documentation (Arm DAI0179)
- Arm Architecture Reference Manual Armv7-A and Armv7-R Edition (Arm DDI0406)
- Cortex-A5 Cycle Model User Guide (Arm DUI1002)
- Cortex-A5 Technical Reference Manual (Arm DDI0433)
- Cortex-A5 Floating-Point Unit Technical Reference Manual (Arm DDI0499)
- Cortex-A5 NEON Media Processing Engine Technical Reference Manual (Arm DDI0450)
- Arm C Language Extensions 2018 (Arm 101028)
Related IP and Tools
The Cortex-M0, Cortex-M3 and Cortex-A5 processor can be incorporated into an SoC using a broad range of Arm technology through DesignStart.