Delivering premium performance with best-in-class power efficiency to mobile and laptop devices in a soon to be 5G connected world.
The Arm Cortex-A77 CPU is the third-generation premium core built on DynamIQ technology. It can be paired with Cortex-A55 CPUs in a scalable DynamIQ big.LITTLE configuration. Cortex-A77 delivers higher performance with greater efficiency to all mobile and laptop devices. Consumers are now demanding greater performance from their devices along with multi day battery life. Cortex-A77 enables the end user to enjoy sustained high performance across even the most complex compute tasks in a soon to be 5G connected world. Building on the best-in-class power and area efficiency originally established with previous generations of Cortex-A processors.
Arm Cortex-A77 CPU
|Neon / Floating Point Unit||Included|
| Cryptography unit
| Max number of CPUs in cluster
|Physical addressing (PA)|| 40-bit
|Memory system and external interfaces
||L1 I-Cache / D-Cache||64KB|
|L2 Cache||256KB to 512KB|
|L3 Cache||Optional, 512KB to 4MB|
|Bus interfaces||AMBA ACE or CHI|
|Functional safety support||ASIL D systematic|
|Interrupts||GIC interface, GICv4|
|Debug||Armv8-A (plus Armv8.2-A extensions)|
|Embedded trace macrocell||ETMv4.2 (instruction trace)|
- Improved performance for mobile and laptop devices enabling more immersive AAA-gaming, faster web-browsing and application launch time.
- Brings an improved always-on, always-connected feature set of mobile to laptop devices, extending battery life for a charger-less work day.
- Aligned with Arm's premium solutions such as Mali-G77, and Arm's machine learning (ML) processor.
Key features compared to Cortex-A76
- Up to 20% improved IPC performance from mobile to laptop devices.
- Improved user experience with more performance through major micro-architectural updates.
Cortex-A comparison table for Armv7-A and Armv8-A
Download the following PDF datasheet to compare the specifications of Cortex-A Armv7-A and Armv8-A processors.