The CoreLink DMC-500 Dynamic Memory Controller provides power-efficient access to LPDDR4 and LPDDR3 memory in mobile, consumer, and embedded designs. The DMC-500 supports dual AXI4 system interfaces and a single DFI 4.0 memory interface.
- Delivering best performance per watt for data transfers from SoC to memory.
- Best combination of features, power, cost, and performance.
- Fast, dual-port AXI4 system interface for transferring data to LPDDR4 and LPDDR3 DRAM memories.
|Maximum DDR speeds||LPDDR3-2133, LPDDR4-4267|
|Memory width||x32 LPDDR3, x16 LPDDR4, Dual-channel for x32 LPDDR4|
|Chip Selects (per channel)||2|
|QoS||QoS based scheduling algorithm, non-blocking paths to DRAM through CCI|
|Low power||All DRAM power modes are supported and hierarchical clock gating throughout the DMC|
CoreLink DMC-500 key features
System Optimized DMC with support for two AXI4 128-bit wide system interfaces
- One interface for channeling coherent traffic from CoreLink CCI-550 or CoreLink CCI-500 interconnect.
- One interface for supporting real-time or display, or other non-coherent traffic that demands a guaranteed maximum latency.
Single 128-bit wide DFI 4.0 memory interface
- Supporting x16 LPDDR4 up to DDR-4267 and x32 LPDDR3 up to DDR-2133 transfer, dual-DMC channel support for x32 LPDDR4.
- Support for clock gating, dynamic frequency change, and memory low-power modes for optimized power consumption.
- Integration-verified with industry-standard DFI-compatible DDR PHYs.
Integrated TrustZone Controller
- Enabling secure media path protection for Ultra-HD content from Mali multimedia to memory.
- QoS improvements over previous generation reducing average and maximum CPU latency.
- End-to-end QoS optimized with CCI-550 using QoSACCEPT protocol.
CoreLink DMC-500 Characteristics
CoreLink DMC-500 utilizes LPDDR4 which is the most advanced mobile memory technology available today. LPDDR4 lowers power consumption while accessing memory due to a narrower datapath, and improves the speed at which bits are transferred to-and-from memory. System-wide QoS designed and tested with CoreLink CCI-550, CoreLink CCI-500, Cortex-A53 and Cortex-A72 processors, and Mali GPU.
CoreLink DMC-500 Technical Reference Manual
For system designers, system integrators and programmers who are designing a SoC, the Technical Reference Manual is the go-to resource.DMC-500 TRM
AMBA 4 ACE Specification
CoreLink DMC-500 is built on the AMBA AXI4 specification, targeting high bandwidth, high clock frequency system designs.AMBA specs
Documents and blogs that will help users design Arm-based SoCs.
Arm training courses and on-site system-design advisory services enable licensees to realize maximum system performance with lowest risk and fastest time-to-market.Arm training courses Open a support case
|Not answered||AXI fixed burst to a slave with narrow data width||0 votes||10 views||0 replies||Started yesterday by Sana||Answer this|
|Suggested answer||NOR, SPI, U-Boot, Kernal||0 votes||70 views||2 replies||Latest yesterday by Andy Neil||Answer this|
|Answered||Regarding implementation of a scenario in AHB protocol||0 votes||118 views||4 replies||Latest 2 days ago by Suyash Sharma||Answer this|
|Suggested answer||How could CMN600 route snoop transactions to RN-F||0 votes||313 views||2 replies||Latest 3 days ago by Joe Chen||Answer this|
|Suggested answer||Application scenarios of APB4||0 votes||328 views||1 replies||Latest 4 days ago by Christopher Tory||Answer this|
|Suggested answer||Outstanding support in AXI slave||0 votes||273 views||1 replies||Latest 4 days ago by Christopher Tory||Answer this|
|Not answered||AXI fixed burst to a slave with narrow data width Started yesterday by Sana||0 replies 10 views|
|Suggested answer||NOR, SPI, U-Boot, Kernal Latest yesterday by Andy Neil||2 replies 70 views|
|Answered||Regarding implementation of a scenario in AHB protocol Latest 2 days ago by Suyash Sharma||4 replies 118 views|
|Suggested answer||How could CMN600 route snoop transactions to RN-F Latest 3 days ago by Joe Chen||2 replies 313 views|
|Suggested answer||Application scenarios of APB4 Latest 4 days ago by Christopher Tory||1 replies 328 views|
|Suggested answer||Outstanding support in AXI slave Latest 4 days ago by Christopher Tory||1 replies 273 views|