Arm System Memory Management Units (SMMU)
CoreLink MMU-700 features
- SMMUv3.2 compliant IO-MMU compatible with Arm v8.4 and Arm v9 based CPUs.
- Key Arm architecture features enabled: Secure-EL2, range invalidate, MPAM.
- Support for advanced PCIe and CXL ATS functionality.
- Built to support PCIe Gen5 bandwidth for wide range of I/O applications.
- Introduces AMBA-LTI for translations as a look-aside function.
- Enables the PCIe-PRI feature for on-die accelerators without the need for ATS flow.
CoreLink MMU-600AE features
- Meets automotive safety requirements for building high-performance ASIL B to ASIL D systems.
- Software compatible with MMU-600 with Arm v8.2 compliant RAS reporting interface.
- Efficient functional logic duplication, ECC and address protection for SRAM.
- AMBA extensions for interface protection.
- Fault management unit to simplify error reporting, testing and integration.
CoreLink MMU-600 features
- Enhances CoreLink MMU-500 feature set by incorporating SMMUv3.1 specification to support Armv8.2 CPUs.
- Expands the number of contexts supported to millions.
- Implements AMBA-DTI to interface TBU and TCU to improve scalability.
- Multi-level TLB and Walk Cache improves system address translation hit rates.
- Improved write buffer depth and parallel translations.
CoreLink MMU-500 Features
- Builds on top of MMU-400 features by implementing SMMUv2 architecture adding support for Armv8 CPUs.
- Supports Stage 1, Stage 2, and Stage1 followed by Stage 2 address translation for up to 128 active device contexts.
- Implements a distributed Translation Buffer Unit (TBU) micro-architecture with direct point-to-point connections between each TBU and the centralized Translation Control Unit (TCU) for Page Table Walks (PTWs).
- Supports up to 128 entries per TLB which is further backed by TCU cache up to 2K entries.
CoreLink MMU-401 Features
- Supports SMMUv1 architecture for Armv7 CPUs and Arm v8 for 64KB page sizes.
- Performs stage2 translation only for hypervisor support.
- Implements a single TBU micro-architecture with connection to a single TCU for page table walks.
CoreLink MMU-500 Characteristics
The CoreLink MMU-500 supports the translation formats of Armv7 and Armv8 architectures and performs Stage 1, Stage 2, or Stage 1 followed by Stage 2 translations for all page sizes except 16KB page granule for Armv8. The MMU-500 is implemented as a distributed design with one or more TBUs communicating to a single centralized TCU that performs PTWs to memory. Each TBU can be located in its own clock and power domain making it easy to co-locate the TBU with the peripheral requiring translation. Each TBU communicates to the TCU over an point-to-point stream interface and with bus masters over ACE-Lite. The TCU has an AXI4 slave interface for configuration.
Arm System IP is designed and optimized to be used with other Arm IP and tools
Get support with Arm Training courses and design reviews. You can also open a support case or manage existing cases.
|Answered||Forum FAQs||0 votes||7452 views||0 replies||Started 10 months ago by Annie||Answer this|
|Answered||Forum FAQs||0 votes||6450 views||0 replies||Started 10 months ago by Annie||Answer this|
|Not answered||uDMA Transfer||0 votes||34 views||0 replies||Started yesterday by PrasanthV||Answer this|
|Not answered||M4 Cycle count||0 votes||35 views||0 replies||Started yesterday by PrasanthV||Answer this|
|Suggested answer||AHB - continue the transfer after an error response||0 votes||1876 views||4 replies||Latest yesterday by Joon Hong||Answer this|
|Suggested answer||ARM Embedded Linux Course: error building image using bitbake for raspberry pi 3||0 votes||15629 views||4 replies||Latest 4 days ago by Haris Suljic||Answer this|
|Answered||Forum FAQs Started 10 months ago by Annie||0 replies 7452 views|
|Answered||Forum FAQs Started 10 months ago by Annie||0 replies 6450 views|
|Not answered||uDMA Transfer Started yesterday by PrasanthV||0 replies 34 views|
|Not answered||M4 Cycle count Started yesterday by PrasanthV||0 replies 35 views|
|Suggested answer||AHB - continue the transfer after an error response Latest yesterday by Joon Hong||4 replies 1876 views|
|Suggested answer||ARM Embedded Linux Course: error building image using bitbake for raspberry pi 3 Latest 4 days ago by Haris Suljic||4 replies 15629 views|