About Assertive Display 5
Arm Assertive Display IP is the market-leading outdoor viewability solution. Powered by an innovative local tone-mapping engine, it continuously adapts each individual pixel to compensate for sub-optimal conditions, such as limitations of the display, ambient light conditions and reduced backlight. Additionally offering advanced power-saving features, it maintains a high-quality viewing experience, whether indoors or outside in bright sunshine.
Assertive Display 5, the fifth generation of this display subsystem management IP, provides a complete set of HDR management features for display pipelines, achieving a life-like, HDR experience, even on SDR displays.
- HDR management: mapping the dynamic range of the content to the display using high precision iridix8-HDR® local tone-mapping engine
- Gamut management: mapping content to the display using a compact 3D-LUT (soft clipping to preserve textures)
- Ambient light adaptivity and advanced power-saving features for both HDR and SDR flows
- HDR10, PQ and HLG support
- Achieves a superlative viewing experience under any viewing and displaying conditions
- Preserves color and contrast while maintaining the visibility of the content
- Picture-in-Picture and mixed-content (HDR & SDR) support via region-of-interest
- Color-enhancer block offers programmable color profiles to achieve more vivid and natural color, using a silicon-efficient 3D-LUT
Do you want more information about Assertive Display 5?
- 12-bit RGB data input and output
- HDR and SDR input and output supported
- Any gamut and color space supported at the input and output (e.g. Rec.2020, P3, Rec.709, etc.)
- Supports high resolutions (e.g. 8K)
- HW support for multi-pixel pipelines (left-right split-screen and odd-even neighbors)
Graphics Processing from Arm
Including both graphics and GPU Compute technology, Mali GPUs offer a diverse selection of scalable solutions for low power to high performance smartphones, tablets and DTVs.Mali GPUs
Mali Video Processors
The first video IP solution to offer a multi-standard codec, including HEVC, for both encode and decode on a single core.Mali Video Processors