The second Video Processor in the ARM® Mali™ video roadmap, the Mali-V550 VPU added the 10-bit HEVC/H.265 codec to its predecessor. It provides the smallest IP solution for HEVC/H.265, H.264, and legacy decoders, delivering the most efficient solution for video players.
- Extended codec support, including HEVC.
- Provides the codecs required for video players, H.264 camcorders, and still image capture.
- Simultaneous encode/decode of multiple streams.
- Scalable video solution to address camera and video player SoCs.
- A multi-standard, scalable, and flexible video IP for low-power devices.
- A low-cost way to provide multi-standard multimedia.
Consumer, IP, and surveillance cameras
For encode: HEVC Main, H.264, VP8, JPEG.
|Driver and video streaming infrastructure based on OpenMAX™ which runs on the host CPU.|
||AMBA 3 AXI or AMBA 4 ACE Lite.
||Compatible with a wide range of bus interconnect and peripheral IP.
||Built-in Memory Management Unit (MMU) to support virtual memory.|
|Performance||1080p60 to 4K120.||Scalable from one to eight cores with multiple performance points.|
Graphics Processing from ARMIncluding both graphics and GPU Compute technology, Mali GPUs offer a diverse selection of scalable solutions for low power to high performance smartphones, tablets and DTVs.
Delivering Energy-efficiency to the ScreenThe Mali Display Processors bring composition, scaling, rotation and image post-processing tasks from the GPU on to a dedicated processor to maximize device battery life.
Mali Display Processors