High Speed Serial Trace Probe
Higher bandwidth trace using fewer SoC pins
To enable the capture of multiple lanes of high speed serial trace, Arm® has created the HSSTP trace probe. Replacing the parallel trace port that ships with DSTREAM, HSSTP trace probe is ideal for situations where it's necessary to collect a large amount of trace data and/or where SoC termination count rules out parallel trace.
- Supports ARM HSSTP and Marvell® SETM protocols
- Up to 12.5 Gbps single-lane line rate
- Debug and trace connectivity
- Uses 4 Gigabyte trace buffer in DSTREAM
Up to 20 Gbps combined lane rate to capture detailed trace information from CoreSight and custom IP devices.
Fewer Trace Pins
The cost of supporting parallel trace can be significant. Serial trace requires fewer pins on your SoC.
Contact us for more information on how to have your ASIC supported by the DSTREAM HSSTP probe.
Maximum Trace Bandwidth per Signal Pin
Specification and Requirements
|Functionality||Debug and serial trace capture|
|Supported macrocells||Same as DSTREAM|
|Trace interface to probe voltage||0.15 V to 1.0 V|
|JTAG/SWD signal voltage||1.0 V to 5.0 V configurable by target|
|Maximum JTAG clock speed||60 MHz|
|High Speed Serial Trace Interface (DSTREAM HSST Probe)|
|Protocols||ARM HSSTP, Marvell SETM|
|Number of lanes||1 to 6|
|Data rate per lane||2.5 to 12.5 Gbps|
|Maximum aggregate data rate||20 Gbps|
|40-way SAMTEC ERF8 (Debug and Trace)||ARM 20-pin 0.1" pitch header (Alt. Debug when JTAG signals need to be sent separately)|
|DS-5 Ultimate Edition or Professional Edition v5.20 or newer|
Trace Configuration and Analysis
DS-5 offers advanced configuration options for collecting and analyzing trace data. These enable you to focus only on the critical sections of a program:
- Use tracepoints to start and stop trace at specific points in your code
- Filters allow you to select only the trace data types that you're interested in to display in the DS-5 Trace view
- Both of these features help you to avoid filling the trace buffer rapidly when collecting High Speed Serial Trace
The Trace view also allows you to search for timestamps, functions and instructions by addresses, helping you to sift through trace data quickly and efficiently.Learn more about trace support in DS-5 »