Mali Texture Compression Tool
Reduce memory footprint and improve graphics performance
The Mali GPU Texture Compression Tool enables the developer to compress individual textures or multiple textures to reduce the bandwidth usage required to load textures in graphics applications which gives applications superior performance and reduces power consumption.
The Mali GPU Texture Compression Tool supports a variety of different texture formats and allows displaying the original texture and the compressed texture for comparison.
Features & Benefits
ASTC Texture Compression
- Compression of Low Dynamic Range (LDR) and High Dynamic Range (HDR) Textures into ASTC.
- Compression of 3D Textures.
- GUI configuration of ASTC compression options.
- Control of compression time/quality trade off with exhaustive, thorough, medium, fast and very fast encoding speeds.
- Automatic generation of mipmaps.
ETC1 / ETC2 / EAC Texture Compression
- ETC2 – Support for multiple Compression formats and bit depths
- Alpha channel and punch through alpha in ETC2
- Improved ETC1 compression speed of up to 600x compared to ETCPack at same or better quality
- Output compressed mipmaps as either multiple PKM files or a single KTX file
- Automatic generation of mipmaps
- Compression optimized for either lowest root mean square error or for lowest perceptual error
- Reporting of quality of compressed texture vs original texture in both RMSE (Root-mean-square error) and PSNR (Peak Signal-Noise ratio)
- Handling of alpha channels in images to create texture atlases or separate compressed/uncompressed alpha channel textures
- Support for compressing all common texture formats (bmp, jpeg, jpg, tga, bpm, pgm, png, ppm, psd, tiff, raw, xbm and many others supported by ImageMagick)
- GUI for easy configuration and compression
- Command line interface for easy integration with build systems and testing regression suites
- Compression configuration to control texture compression quality
- Ability to visually compare compressed textures with original textures
- Support for Windows, Linux & Mac OS X