Setting up a floating license for Arm Allinea Studio
This topic guides you through the steps for setting up the Arm Allinea Studio floating license.
- To use floating licenses, the Arm Licence Server must be installed and running on the designated license server machine before running any of the Arm Allinea Studio tools.
- A floating license consists of a server license and a client license. Ensure that you have obtained a client license and a server license from Arm (see Get software).
- Before running the tools, check that the client license contains the host name or IP address of the machine running the Arm Licence Server.
- Add the client license to the machine where Arm Allinea Studio is installed. Create a directory called
- Copy your license file to
/opt/arm/licenses.Note: If you choose to put the license file in a different location, you must set the
ARM_HPC_COMPILER_LICENSE_SEARCH_PATHenvironment variable to point to it. See Changing the license file location.
- Arm Forge and Arm Performance Reports search for individual licenses in their specific installation directories. If you do not have separate license files for Forge and Performance Reports, you must set the
ALLINEA_LICENSE_DIRenvironment variable to point these tools to your Arm Allinea Studio license.
- Add the server license file to the machine where Arm Licence Server is installed. Create a directory called
/opt/arm/licenceserverdirectory and copy your license file to it.
- Restart Arm Licence Server to pick up the new floating license.
- For more information about Arm License Server, see Using Arm Licence Server in the Arm Licence Server user guide.
- To set up the license file in a different directory location than the default, see Changing the license file location.
- Arm Allinea Studio Licensing.