Download and install Arm Compiler for HPC and Arm Performance Libraries
Use the following procedure to download and install Arm Compiler for HPC with Arm Performance Libraries.
- You need an Arm developer account. If you do not have one, you can create one at https://silver.arm.com/browse.
- Contact your Arm representative to obtain a license file.
- Login at https://silver.arm.com/browse using your Arm developer account. The Downloads home page appears. If not, choose the Downloads option in the Arm Self Service navigation pane on the left.
- Expand the Development Tools option in the list of products available to you. Under Arm Server and HPC Tools, select Arm Compiler for HPC.
- Find the appropriate package for your Linux host platform and select Download Now.
Extract the downloaded package:
tar -xvf <package_name>
<package_name>with the full name of the downloaded package.
Change to the package directory to see the extracted files:
Run the installation script as a privileged user:
% su root Password: ******** % ./<package_name>.sh
Packages are unpacked to
Alternatively, if you do not have sudo rights or wish to install to a specific location, you can use the
% ./<package_name>.sh --install-to <install_dir>
Note: This results in a user-only installation along with the relevant module files. Note that the included uninstall.sh helper script will not uninstall this type of installation.
The installer displays the EULA and prompts you to agree to the terms. To agree, type 'yes' at the prompt.
- Next, go to Environment configuration to configure your Linux environment to use Arm Compiler for HPC and Arm Performance Libraries.
For information about environment variables used by the Arm-provided suite of HPC tools, see our Environment variables reference topic.
- To see what's new in each release of Arm Compiler for HPC and Arm Performance Libraries, view the Release History or the release notes, located in the /opt/arm/<package_name>/share directory.