Installing node-locked licenses for DS-5
Node-locked licenses are for single workstation installations and are locked to the host ID of your workstation. The license file for a node-locked license is generated using the Arm License Manager.
Purchasing a license
To purchase a DS-5 node locked license:
- Contact Arm through the pricing information request page. You can also contact your local distributor.
- A representative from Arm, or one of its distributors, will contact you to discuss your request. You will also be provided with a serial number by email which you will need to obtain your license.
Downloading and Installing DS-5
DS-5 is available for both Windows and Linux hosts. See DS-5 System Requirements for a list of supported hosts.
Download and install DS-5 using the installer relevant to your host.
Starting DS-5 and setting up your workspace
To start DS-5, from your desktop menu, select Eclipse for DS-5.
In the Workspace Launcher dialog, accept the default workspace, or click Browse and select a folder. For example, C:\DS-5_Workspace.
Select Use this as the default and do not ask again option and click OK.
If you are using DS-5 for the first time, then the No License Found dialog is displayed.
Click Open License Manager to use the License Manager to add a license.
Collecting a license
After setting up DS-5, you have to collect a license to use it.
You need to be connected to the internet and have an Arm account to obtain a DS-5 license. You will also need the serial number sent to you by email. Once a license is generated, a serial number is linked to your Arm account. If you have any questions or require assistance, contact Arm license support.
- In the No Licenses Found dialog, click Open License
- In the Arm License Manager dialog, click Add License.
- In the Add License dialog, select Use a license file, license
server, serial number, or activation code option and click Next.
- If not already selected, select the Enter a serial number or activation
code option, and enter the serial number from the email sent to you.
- Click Next.
- In the Choose network interface dialog, select a network interface.
Arm recommends selecting a physical network interface. If a virtual interface is selected, the license stops working if the media access control (MAC) address of the interface is changed.
- Click Next.
- In the Developer account details dialog, enter your Arm account details. If you do not have an account, create one.
- Click Finish. DS-5 creates the license and adds it to the Arm License Manager.
- Select a toolkit from the list and Close the Arm License Manager.
- Click Restart Eclipse in the Confirm Restart Eclipse dialog box.
When DS-5 next launches, it uses the new license file. You can view the updated license in the Arm License Manager.
You are now ready to use DS-5.