What data is included in reference design?
System Design presentation
- Describes architecture explored to achieve performance, power and area targets
Technical Overview document
- Detailed description of the reference subsystem hardware and software components
- Document that describe reference subsystem physical implementation work and trials
System Analysis Report
- Documents the reference subsystem RTL simulation and emulation performance results
FVP Programmers Guide
- Describes how to use the Fixed Virtual Platform including the reference subsystem memory mapping and registers
Arm provides a model of the reference subsystem. This is a Fixed Virtual Platform built on the Arm Fast Model technology.
The model allows you to start software development, based on the software, ahead of having any real silicon. Learn more about Arm Fast Model technology here.
Arm provides a software package containing build scripts, patches and compiled binaries to enable you to build a complete software stack, up to a target operating system. The target operating system is Android for mobile and Linux for infrastructure.