About CoreLink DMC-520
The CoreLink DMC-520 Dynamic Memory Controller provides highest bandwidth with low latency access to DDR4 and DDR3 memory in server, networking and high-performance computing applications. The DMC-520 provides for full DIMM support along with RAS (Reliability, Availability, and Serviceability) and advanced error correction features that are necessary for these infrastructure applications.
Delivers best performance with ECC and RAS for data transfers from SoC to high-density memory.
Best combination of features, power, cost and performance.
Fast, single-port CHI.A interface for transferring data to DDR4 and DDR3 DRAM memories.
Request more information
Want more information on Arm CoreLink Static Memory Controllers?
CoreLink DMC-520 highlights
|System data width||128 bit|
|Memory interfaces||Single DFI 3.1 memory interface with configurable 1:1, 1:2, or 1:4 DFI frequency ratio|
|Memory types||DDR3, DDR3(L),and DDR4|
|Memory width||x40/x72 bit DRAM (includes 8 bits of ECC)|
|ECC||SECDED or enhanced symbol-based ECC|
|QoS||QoS based scheduling algorithm, non-blocking paths to DRAM through CCN|
|Low power||All DRAM power modes are supported and hierarchical clock gating throughout the DMC|
CoreLink DMC-520 key features
System Optimized DMC with support for single 128-bit wide AMBA 5 CHI system interface
- Integrated TrustZone address space control functionality in system interface to provide secure memory access.
Support for advanced ECC, RAS,and DIMM capabilities
- Includes both standard SECDED ECC and advanced symbol-based ECC for correcting failure of X4 chip.
- DDR3, DDR3L, and DDR4 memories (up to DDR4-3200 speeds) with UDIMM, RDIMM, LRDIMM, and 3DS support.
- QoS improvements over previous generation reducing average and maximum CPU latency.
- End-to-end QoS optimized with CCN interconnect and Arm v8.x CPUs.
Industry-standard DFI 3.1 Interface
- Proven interoperability with third-party DFI 3.1 compatible DDR PHYs.
CoreLink DMC-520 Characteristics
CoreLink DMC-520 supports DDR4 which is the most advanced infrastructure-class memory technology available today. DDR4 provides the highest bandwidth (up to 25GB/s per channel for DDR4-3200 Mbps) which supporting reliability and low
CoreLink DMC-520 Technical Reference Manual
For system designers, system integrators and programmers who are designing a SoC, the Technical Reference Manual is the go-to resource.DMC-520 TRM
AMBA 5 CHI Specification
CoreLink DMC-520 is built on AMBA CHI specification, which is Arm's advanced coherent interconnect for high data transfer bandwidths at GHz and above frequencies.AMBA specs