Green Hills Software was the first company to provide mainframe-quality software development tools to embedded software developers on microprocessors starting with a C compiler for the Motorola 68000 in 1983. Over the years, Green Hills has supported 37 processor architectures, while the company’s product portfolio expanded and helped define the software development industry. MULTI® was the first graphical multi-platform integrated development environment (IDE) for embedded processors; INTEGRITY, the first commercial separation-architecture RTOS and world’s most highly certified RTOS for safety and security (the only operating system to achieve Common Criteria EAL 6+ for Separation Kernel Protection Profile); revolutionary back-in-time TimeMachine™ debugging; the first secure hypervisor Multivisor™.
End-to-end device-level security for any device running any operating system is offered through the Embedded Cryptographic Toolkit while the DLM System is a cloud-based management system for customers to create, track and update keys, credentials, and over-the-air (OTA) firmware through complex supply chains, even over untrusted networks to an to any manufacturing site in the world.
Diverse industries and customers utilize Green Hills products and services to develop and deploy their products for safety and security critical applications in automotive, avionics, consumer, industrial, medical, military, networking and storage markets. Hundreds of millions of vehicles drive with Green Hills automotive technology – the same technology that has safely and securely controlled life-critical embedded software systems proven to fly aircraft, control surgical devices and manage building surveillance systems.
Today, global vehicle OEMs and Tier 1 suppliers build their intelligent vehicles with Green Hills:
- Integrated cockpits – INTEGRITY RTOS and Multivisor secure hypervisor run ASIL-certified instrument clusters and heads-up-displays (HUDs) safely and securely alongside Linux and Android infotainment.
- Vehicle safety dynamics – Steer by wire, braking systems and other vehicle dynamics functions rely on MULTI and its ASIL D Optimizing C/C++ compilers, plus code-quality tools that check MISRA C adherence and analyze deep static code, all integrated within a single compilation pass.
- ADAS – INTEGRITY is the trusted foundation for systems that ingest huge streams of sensor data to build vehicle self-awareness before making life-critical decisions.
- Vehicle-to-Anything communication – Safe and cryptographically secure authentication and communication between unfamiliar vehicles and roadside units on untrusted public networks with no human involvement.
- Powertrain and electric vehicle – Deeply embedded, requiring the fastest and smallest code, rigorously tested for absolute correctness, surviving in harsh environments for decades.