Functional Safety related services
Ansys medini® analyze supports analysis of functional safety of electronic and software-based systems. Originally developed to support the automotive ISO 26262 standard, it is also applicable in other application domains, for example, in the aerospace domain to support safety analysis according to SAE ARP4754 A and SAE ARP4761 or the industrial domain based on IEC 61508. It combines commonly used analysis techniques for functional safety analysis in one integrated tool environment:
- Hazard Analysis and Risk Assessment (HARA)
- Functional Hazard Analysis and Preliminary Hazard Analysis (FHA, PHA)
- Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Fault Tree Analysis (FTA)
- Hazard and Operability Analysis (HAZOP)
- Failure Mode, Effects, and Diagnostics Analysis (FMEDA)
- Diagnostic Coverage Metrics for HW-Safety analysis
- Dependent Failure Analysis (DFA)
- Safety of the Intended Functionality (SOTIF)
By that it supports functional safety (FuSa) related activities during the complete development lifecycle. Medini analyze is a model-based tool and its safety analysis techniques operate on a set of models. The SysML model is the main model on which the safety analyses are based. It is used on various levels of abstraction, from initial functional architectures to detailed technical hardware and software architectures even down to the analysis of semiconductor components. In addition, medini analyze enables requirements and goal modeling to support the provision of functional and technical safety concepts. With the 2020 R1 release, medini analyze extended its scope into cybersecurity threat analysis and risk assessment.
Ansys SCADE Architect is a system design product line for complex embedded systems modeling, based on the standard SysML notation, including:
- Model-Based embedded systems architecture design: SysML standard based, focus on ease of use, data dictionaries and data propagation in architecture.
- Interface Control Documents (ICD) production
- Integrated workflow for software intensive systems design with SCADE and Functional Safety with Medini.
Ansys SCADE Suite is a software design product line for embedded control software modeling, verification, and Safety Critical code generation. It provides a user-friendly and intuitive model-based environment for software engineers, with the following capabilities:
- Embedded Control Software Design: efficient modeling of controls, logic and algorithm designs within a single environment.
- Integrated Suite for Prototyping, Modeling, Simulation, Verification and Optimization: efficient debugging and optimization of software models and code size, speed, and performance.
- Certified Code Generation: automatic C and Ada certified code generators (DO-178C/DO-330, EN 50128, ISO 26262, IEC 61508) also the basis for testing cost reduction.
Ansys SCADE Display is a Human-Machine Interface (HMI) design product line for embedded HMI modeling, verification, and code generation. SCADE Display provides a user-friendly and intuitive model-based environment for HMI design engineers.
- HMI Software Design: Efficient modeling of HMI designs featuring an integrated environment with logic design in SCADE Suite
- Complete GUI Prototyping, Modeling, Simulation, Verification, and Optimization: Rapid prototyping, design checking and debugging, simulation, integration with graphics platforms and human factors optimization.
- Certified Code Generation: automatic certified code generator (DO-178C, EN 50128, ISO 26262, IEC 61508) also a basis for testing cost reduction.
Ansys Twin Builder is a system modeling, simulation, and deployment environment for modeling, integrating, and analyzing cyber-physical systems, composed of power electronics, multi-domain physics, and software controls. It provides a broad set of functionalities for creating Virtual Prototypes of systems, including:
- Model Creation, Assembly, and reuse
- Simulation-based Testing