Deploy an Arm server
- Log into packet.net and either create a new project or open an existing one.
- Click on the Servers tab and then select the Deploy servers button.
- Enter a suitable hostname. Note that the hostname is for your reference only and does not need to be tied to a registered domain.
- From the Location dropdown, choose one of these options:
- From the Type dropdown, select a c1.large.arm server.
- From the OS dropdown, select Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, as shown here:
- Select Deploy Servers. This process takes approximately 5-10 minutes.
New servers will be created with the SSH public key you provided in your project settings. You will need this to log in after it boots. Check this now, or add an extra one by clicking the "SSH & user data" options button.
Once your server has booted, its IP address is shown on the Servers page.
- Open a command line and replace
<ip address>with the one provided to log in to the server using this command:
ssh root@<ip address>If you can login successfully, then we will revisit this command further on in this guide to deploy and run a machine learning demo on your server.