Advanced OpenCL on Mali GPUs
Delivery method: Virtual Classroom (Private)
Location: Any location.
Course Length: 8 hours
Technology Focus: Software
Cost: Contact us for pricing.
Related products: Mali GPU (Midgard Architecture), Midgard, Mali DDK for GPU (Midgard Architecture)
This course provides a general introduction to using OpenCL to access GPU Compute functionality with Mali Midgard GPUs. The course finishes with walk-throughs of extended case studies using a Laplace filter, SGEMM and an ADAS application.
- In-depth knowledge of OpenCL or similar technology is assumed.
- Familiarity with Mali Midgard GPU architecture is recommended.
Software developers needing to leverage GPU Compute functionality on platforms containing an ARM Mali CPU core.
- Introduction to GPU Computing, RenderScript and OpenCL
- Mali Midgard GPU Compute Overview
- Driver Architecture
- Memory Model
- OpenCL Kernel Execution
- RenderScript Driver
- Optimal OpenCL for Mali-Midgard GPUs
- OpenCL Optimization Case Study