Arm Cortex-A7 MPCore Software Development
Delivery method: Face-to-face (Private)
Location: Any location
Course Length: 3+ days
Technology Focus: Software
Cost: Contact us for pricing
Related products: Cortex-A7, Cortex-A, ARMv7-A
This training course covers the issues involved in developing software for platforms powered by the Arm Cortex-A7 application processors.
- Basic understanding of Armv7-A exception model
- Familiarity with Arm assembler and C programming
- Experience of embedded system development is helpful but not essential
This course is aimed at software developers writing low level and bare-metal code for Armv7-A processors, concentrating on the Cortex-A7 processor.
Optional Day 0:
Arm Architecture Fundamentals.
Recommended for audiences developing low level code on Arm for the first time. This optional day introduces the Armv7-A ISA, exception model and memory model.
- Introduction to the Arm Architecture
- Cortex-A7 MPCore Overview
- Caches and Branch Prediction
- Using the MMU
- Writing C for Arm
- Booting a Cortex-A7 MPCore
- Booting Workbook
- OS Support
- Cache Coherency
- Programming the GIC
- GIC Workbook
- Cortex-A Power Management
- PMU Workbook
- NEON Overview
Optional Day 4:
Exploring one subject in more detail. Available topics are:
- Fast Models