ARM Cortex-A8 Software Development
Delivery method: Face-to-face (Private)
Location: Any location
Course Length: 3+ days
Technology Focus: Software
Cost: Contact us for pricing
Related products: Cortex-A8, ARMv7-A, Cortex-A
This training course covers the issues involved in developing software for platforms powered by the ARM Cortex-A8 application processors.
- Some knowledge of embedded systems
- Familiarity with embedded programming in C and assembler
- A basic awareness of ARM is useful but not essential
This course is aimed at software developers writing low level and bare-metal code for ARMv7-A processors, concentrating on the Cortex-A8 processor.
Optional Day 0:
ARM Architecture Fundamentals.
Recommended for audiences developing low level code on ARM for the first time. This optional day introduces the ARMv7-A ISA, exception model and memory model.
- Introduction to the ARM Architecture
- Software Engineers' Guide to the Cortex-A8
- Caches and Branch Prediction
- Using the MMU
- Programming the GIC
- Cortex-A Power Management
- Cache Coherency
- OS Support
- Booting a Cortex-A15 MPCore
- Writing C for ARM
- NEON Overview
Optional Day 4:
Exploring one subject in more detail. Available topics are:
- Fast Models