Arm Cortex-R8 MPCore Hardware Design
Delivery method: Face-to-face (Private)
Location: Any location.
Course Length: 3 days
Technology Focus: Hardware
Cost: Contact us for pricing.
Related products: ARMv7-R, ARMv7-A, Cortex-R
This course focuses on the aspects of the Cortex-R8 that you will need to know when integrating it into a system. At the end of the course you will be able to:
- Explain the key behaviors of the Cortex-R8 you need to consider when designing your system.
- Describe how to integrate the Cortex-R8 into your system. Consider the interaction on the main bus interfaces and how your system controller will need to apply controls to the Cortex-R8.
- Explain the behavior of the Cortex-R8 when you simulate your system.
- Write basic assembly code to control the processor during simulations.
- Describe the intended configuration and implementation flow for converting the Cortex-R8 RTL netlist into a physical layout. (Please note that the material does not cover detailed physical implementation tasks or tool control information).
The material assumes that you have a:
- Basic understanding of Verilog
- Basic programming experience (but it does not have to be Arm programming)
- System designers
- Cortex-R8 RTL integration team
- Cortex-R8 RTL validation team
- Armv7-R Programmers’ Model
- Armv7-R Memory Model and PMSA
- Armv7-R Exceptions
- Armv7-R Core Behaviours
- Armv7-R Multicore Behaviours
- AXI-3 protocol
- Cortex-R8 Overview
- Cortex-R8 Instruction Execution
- Cortex-R8 Memory Accesses: Performance
- Cortex-R8 Memory Accesses: Control
- Cortex-R8 Fault Tolerance Support
- Cortex-R8 Interrupt Controller
- Cortex-R8 System Interaction
- Armv7-R Debug Architecture
- Debug Infrastructure
- Cortex-R8 Debug