Arm CryptoCell - Introduction to CryptoCell
Delivery method: Online video
Course Length: 1 hour
Technology Focus: Hardware
Related products: TrustZone, CoreLink TrustZone CryptoCell-310, CoreLink TrustZone CryptoCell-710, CoreLink TrustZone CryptoCell-715
This course provides an introduction to Arm’s CryptoCell security solution. Starting with a brief history of and an introduction to the field of cryptography, the course outlines some fundamental concepts of security, encryption, and threat models. The course then introduces Arm’s TrustZone security solution, an extension of the ArmV8 architecture, which provides system-wide hardware isolation for trusted software. CryptoCell complements TrustZone to form a Trusted Execution Environment (TEE), to isolate and protect sensitive assets and processes from malicious application code, non-invasive HW and side-channel attacks. This course outlines the main security features of CryptoCell alongside a test for you to check your knowledge along the way.
Watch a video preview here:
- Familiarity with the Armv8-M architecture.
- Basic experience of embedded system development.
- Basic understanding of cryptography.
- Experience in design and integration of Arm based SoCs.
This course is aimed at designers, system integrators and embedded software developers with little-to-no knowledge about modern security solutions. This course provide a general overview of security risks for low-power connected (IoT) devices and offers efficient solutions based on Arm technology and IPs.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Identify security risk of low-power connected devices
- Explain how TrustZone technology with CryptoCell subsystem helps preventing and/or mitigating these attacks
- Understand how to isolate and maintain an environment where all SW component are trusted
- Become knowledgeable about CryptoCell HW components (for CryptoCell licensees only)
- Explain a device various life-cycles states defined by CryptoCell (for CryptoCell licensees only)