Arm PSA - Threat Model and Security Analysis
Delivery method: Face-to-face (Private)
Course Length: 1/2 day
Technology Focus: Software
At the end of this course, delegates will be able to:
- Explain what is meant by Threat Models and Security Analysis (TMSA)
- Outline some highlights of smart speaker’s TMSA
- Apply the PSA TMSA analysis procedure to evaluate your IoT device’s security and take the first step towards your device gaining Arm PSA Certification
- Be ready to adapt TMSA examples to create your own TMSA specification
- The overall Threat Modelling introduction;
- The introduction of Smart Speaker TMSA, which breaks down into 5 analysis steps;
- Some useful Threat Modelling Tips;
- A practice exercise with Smart Door Lock TMSA, to deep dive into the threat summary matrix details. This includes how to identify the threats, the vulnerability and CVSS risk rating, security countermeasures.
- Be familiar with basic security concepts in the area of networking, operating systems, data protection, operational controls, as well as standard techniques in cryptography.
- Some knowledge of PSA is nice to have.
- OEMs, software architects, developers and engineers who have an interest in learning how to use PSA threat models for security analysis.
- Threat Modelling & PSA TMSA for Smart Speaker
- PSA TMSA Security Analysis exercise with Smart Door Lock example