NEON Programming and Optimization
Delivery method: Virtual Classroom (Private)
Location: Any location
Course Length: 2 days
Technology Focus: Combined Hardware and Software
Cost: Contact us for pricing
Related products: ARMv7-A, A-profile, Processor Architecture
This short course provides a comprehensive introduction to the NEON general-purpose SIMD engine and its instruction set. Properly used, NEON technology can accelerate common multimedia and DSP algorithms several times over. The course examines the architecture and instruction set and then works through several extended examples to illustrate how the technology can be used in real use cases.
- Familiarity with DSP algorithms and multimedia processing.
- Experience of software development in both C and assembly language.
- Familiarity with the ARM architecture is useful but not assumed.
Software engineers seeking to make effective use of ARM platforms incorporating NEON technology.
- ARM Architecture Overview
- NEON Introduction
- NEON Instruction Set
- Compiling for NEON
- Simple Vectorization Example
- NEON Micro-architecture
- NEON Coding Examples
- Benchmarking and Performance Analysis