Learn about common questions and answers when debugging or tracing a target with Arm Development Studio (Arm DS) and Arm DS-5 (DS-5). This page focuses on connecting to, debugging, and tracing emulation, FPGA, and silicon targets.
To debug a target with Arm DS or DS-5, you must have the following:
- A debug probe, like DSTREAM, DSTREAM-ST, DSTREAM-PT, DSTREAM-HT, DSTREAM-XT, and ULINKpro family debug probes, or a Functional I/O connection.
- An Arm DS or DS-5 installation that supports the processor you want to debug.
- Read Arm DS Compare Editions for information on the different Arm DS editions.
- Read Compare section of Which version of Arm DS-5 Development Studio is right for me? for information on the different DS-5 editions.
- An Arm DS or DS-5 license that enables your Arm DS or DS-5 edition.
If you cannot find solutions to your questions here:
- Click I need help debugging my target. Where do I go?
- Visit Software Tools Community where you can ask questions of the Arm experts.