The aim of this workbook is to manually create a platform configuration for a given target with Arm Development Studio’s Platform Configuration Editor (PCE).
For the majority of targets, you can create a platform configuration automatically by performing target auto-detection with PCE. This means that manually configuring a target from start to finish is rarely required.
However, manually configuring a target can help you understand:
- The information required to create a platform configuration.
- How a platform configuration is created.
- Which CoreSight devices are associated with debug and trace.
- How and why CoreSight devices are connected together.
- Important settings for the CoreSight devices.
To complete this tutorial, you require:
- An Arm Development Studio installation of version 2019.0 or later.
- Have a basic understanding of Arm system debug and trace.