Capturing the ELA trace data
- The core is unable to enter halt mode debug in our debug scenario, so we must stop the ELA:
- Navigate to Scripts view > Use case > Scripts in <path to Arm Development Studio Workspace>\DTSLELA-500 > ela_control.py > Stop ELA-500.
- Right-click Stop ELA-500 and select Run ela_control.py::Stop ELA-500.
- Dump and decode the ELA trace:
- Navigate to: Scripts view > Use case > Scripts in <path to Arm Development Studio Workspace>\DTSLELA-500 > ela_example.py > Decode trace data.
Note: To run the Decode trace data script, name the JSON file for the ELA
example_ela_connection.json. Also, the
example_ela_connection.json JSONfile must be available in the DTSLELA-500 project directory.
- Right-click Decode trace data and select Configure… .
- Under Signal groups, set State 0 to 0 and click OK.
Note: In the platform configuration, you must name the CoreSight ELA-500 device as ELA-500. This naming is done so the ELA-500 device name in the platform configuration matches the ELA-500 device name in the Decode trace data script.
- Right-click Decode trace data and select Run ela_example.py::Decode trace data.
Result: Arm DS collects the captured ELA trace data, decodes it, and outputs into Development Studio.