Existing platform configurations might contain:
- Just a .rcf file.
- Just a .sdf file.
- .rcf and .sdf files.
Platform configurations with any of the above contents will allow the RTM advanced logging feature to be enabled.
You need to add the DSTREAM-PT configuration items to the .rcf or .sdf. If the platform configuration contains both a .rcf and a .sdf, the DSTREAM-PT configuration items need to be added to just the .rcf.
To add the DSTREAM-PT configuration items and enable RTM advanced logging feature, perform the following steps:
- Open the platform configuration .rcf or .sdf as a text file.
- In Arm Development Studio, if the platform configuration is in the ExtensionDB, you can do this by expanding the ExtensionDB in the Project Explorer view, right-clicking on the .rcf or .sdf, and selecting Open with → Text Editor.
- Add HTML comments around the <trace_capture type="parallel"> configuration item block like below
- Right underneath the commented out <trace_capture type="parallel"> configuration item block, copy and paste all the DSTREAM-PT configuration items from the text file here.
- Set ENABLE_ADDITIONAL_RTM_LOGGING to 1 (i.e. <config_item name="ENABLE_ADDITIONAL_RTM_LOGGING">1</config_item>).
- Click File → Save.
- If you are editing the .rcf or .sdf outside Arm Development Studio, rebuild the configuration database in Arm Development Studio by clicking Window → Preferences → Arm DS → Configuration Database → Rebuild database.
Click here for an example .rcf and Click here for an example .sdf with the ENABLE_ADDITIONAL_RTM_LOGGING configuration item set.
Note: If you wish to use the configuration items for the DSTREAM or DSTREAM-ST after making these changes to the .sdf or .rcf, you will need to comment out the <trace_capture type="DSTREAM-PT"> configuration item block and un-comment the <trace_capture type="parallel"> configuration item block. Not performing this action might prevent the trace delay signals from being set correctly.