Downloading and Installing DS-5
DS-5 is available for both Windows and Linux hosts. See DS-5 System Requirements for a list of supported hosts.
Download the appropriate DS-5 installer for your host (either Windows or Linux).Download DS-5
Extract the files from the downloaded .zip file and run setup.exe. Then follow the simple on-screen installation instructions.
Note: During installation, you might receive warnings such as "Windows can't verify the publisher of this driver software" you can safely ignore these warnings and continue with the installation.
Once installed, on Windows 7 platforms, you can find DS-5 under Start menu > All Programs > Eclipse for DS-5
Extract the installer from the downloaded archive file, run (not source)
install.sh and follow the on-screen instructions. The installer unpacks DS-5 into your chosen directory, and optionally installs device drivers and desktop shortcuts.
Note: The installer includes device drivers that require you to run with root privileges.
Starting DS-5 and Setting up your Workspace
- To start DS-5, from your desktop menu, select Eclipse for DS-5.
- In the Workspace Launcher dialog, accept the default workspace, or click Browse and select a folder. For example,
- Select Use this as the default and do not ask again option and click OK.
- If you are using DS-5 for the first time, then the No License Found dialog is displayed.
- Click Open License Manager to use the License Manager to add a license.
Acquiring a License
After installing DS-5, you have to acquire a license to use it. For this tutorial, we are going to use a 30-day evaluation license that allows you to use DS-5 Ultimate Edition for 30 days without any restrictions.
Note: You need to be connected to the internet and have an Arm developer (Silver) account to obtain a DS-5 evaluation license.
- In the No Licenses Found dialog, click Open License Manager.
- In the Arm License Manager dialog, click Add License.
- In the Add License dialog, select Generate a 30-day evaluation license for DS-5 Ultimate Edition option and click Next.
- In the Choose network interface dialog, select a network interface.
Note: Arm recommends selecting a physical network interface. If a virtual interface is selected, the license stops working if the MAC address of the interface is changed.
- In the Developer account details dialog, enter your Arm developer (Silver) account details. If you do not have an account, create one.
- Click Finish.
When the license is successfully registered, the 30-day evaluation license and the toolkit that is available to you are visible in the Arm License Manager.
- Close the Arm License Manager and in the Confirm Restart Eclipse dialog, click Restart Eclipse. This restarts Eclipse and brings up the DS-5 Welcome Page.
- Either close the Welcome page, or click Go to workbench to view the full DS-5 IDE.
You are now ready to use DS-5.