High texture load
To improve the performance of applications that are GPU-limited, and that have high shader load dominated by texture processing, you should reduce texture filtering complexity.
To reduce a high texture load:
- Reduce filtering quality
- Bilinear (LINEAR_MIP_NEAREST) filters are twice as fast as trilinear (LINEAR_MIP_LINAR) filters.
- A lower level of MAX_ANISOTROPY will limit how many texture samples are made per shader operation.
- Reduce sampler precision – mediump sampler types need less data than highp samplers.
- Reduce data size:
- Use texture compression
- Use mipmaps
- Use ASTC_decode_mode for ASTC textures
- Use narrower uncompressed formats.