Configure your device
On your device:
- Ensure Developer Mode is enabled, then enable USB Debugging using Settings > Developer options.
- Connect the target to the host through USB.
- Run the
adb devicescommand on the host to check that connection is successful. If successful, this command returns the ID of your target.
adb devices List of devices attached ce12345abcdf1a1234 deviceYou should also be able to run
adb shellwithout issues.
- Install a debuggable application:
- For Unity applications, select the Development Build option in Unity's Build Settings when building your application.
- If you're not using Unity, ensure your application is marked as debuggable in the Android application manifest (see more on how to do this in the Android Studio documentation).