Create an Unreal Engine project
Follow these steps to create a new Unreal Engine project for mobile:
- Launch Unreal Engine, select Games and click Next.
- Unreal Engine provides some templates that contain already-configured controls for mobile devices. Or you can create your own by selecting Blank. Choose an option and click Next.
- Choose your required graphics settings for the project. For the purposes of this tutorial, here are some recommended settings:
- Create a C++ project
- Choose Mobile/Tablet as the target platform
- Choose Maximum Quality
- Choose No Starter Content to significantly reduce the size of the APK
- Set Raytracing Disabled as this is often too demanding for mobile GPUs
- Give your project a name and location.
- Click Create Project.