Blank sections in Performance Advisor FPS chart
When generating a report with Performance Advisor, some sections of the FPS chart are shown in white, instead of showing a color to indicate the type of boundness: CPU-bound, fragment-bound, vertex-bound, or performing well (VSYNC).
Affected releases: All.
In some cases, Performance Advisor might be unable to determine the exact cause of the problem, and has assigned a cause of 'unknown' to that region of the chart. Unknown regions might occur if:
- The data from Streamline is too noisy
- Frame markers don't align well with the workload boundaries
- There is a scheduling issue
- Update the firmware on your device to the latest version.
- Try capturing the profile again with Streamline, using the latest version of Mobile Studio.
- When generating the report with Performance Advisor, use the --main-thread option to explicitly provide the name of the main thread in your application. If there are scheduling issues, Performance Advisor will report it.