Streamline can not access my device
When launching Streamline, the connected device is not showing in the Start tab.
Affects versions: 2020.2 and earlier
In Arm Mobile Studio versions prior to 2020.3, it was necessary to use a Python script to connect Streamline to your device. The Python script,
gator_me.py installs a daemon,
gatord, on your device. Streamline uses this daemon to connect to unrooted Android devices and collect data. Follow these steps to run the script so that Streamline can communicate with your device.
- In a terminal window, check that the device is accessible by typing:
adb devicesThis should return the ID of your device. If it does not, check that you have installed Android Debug Bridge and connected the device via USB.
- On your host machine, navigate to the Streamline installation directory,
<install_dir>/streamline/gator/where you will find the
- Run the
gator_me.pyscript with the
--daemonoption, to supply the path to the
gatordbinary that will be installed on the device. For example:
python3 gator_me.py --daemon ../bin/arm64/gatordThere are two versions of the
gatord, for 32-bit or 64-bit architectures, located in the following directories:
<install_dir>/streamline/bin/arm64/for Armv8 64-bit architectures.
<install_dir>/streamline/bin/arm/for 32-bit architectures.
- The script will return a numbered list of the Android package names for the debuggable applications that are installed on your device. Enter the number of the package you want to profile.
Alternatively, if you know the Android package name of the app you want to profile you can specify it when running the script, using the
python3 gator_me.py --package com.mycompany.myapp --daemon ../bin/arm64/gatord
- Launch Streamline:
- On Windows, from the Start menu, navigate to the Arm Mobile Studio folder, and select the Streamline shortcut.
- On macOS, go to the
<install_dir>/streamlinefolder, and double-click the
- On Linux, go to the
<install_dir>/streamlinefolder, and run the
- Use the Start tab in Streamline to select your device. Select Or, choose an existing target, then select your device from the list.
- Before starting the capture, choose Configure Counters to choose a counter template.
IMPORTANT: When you've finished capturing data from this device, switch back to the terminal running the
gator_me.py script and press any key to terminate it. The script kills all processes that it started and removes
gatord from the target.