This topic describes how to set up a floating license for Arm Allinea studio on the Arm Licence Server.
If you have a single named user license or an evaluation license, the Arm Licence Server is not required. See Add a named user license for Arm Allinea Studio instead.
Before you begin
- To use a floating license, download and Install Arm Licence Server on the designated license server machine.
- A floating license includes two files: server license file (
licence.<license number>), and client license file (
licence). If you do not already have these files, request a valid license.
- Server license file names must begin with
license, or the variant spelling
- License file names are not case sensitive.
- You can append unique identifiers to license file names for storing multiple licenses in the same directory. For example, add the server license serial number,
license.server.1234, or include
clientin the client license name,
- Check that the client license contains the host name or IP address of the machine running the Arm Licence Server.
- Add the client license (
license.client.5678) to the machine where Arm Allinea Studio is installed, and copy your file into the
/opt/arm/licensesdirectory.Note: If you choose to put the license file in a different location, see Change the license file location.
- Arm Forge tools search for individual licenses in the local installation directories. If you do not have an existing license specifically for Arm Forge, set the
ARM_LICENSE_DIRenvironment variable to point Arm Forge to your new Arm Allinea Studio license:
ALLINEA_LICENSE_DIRis still supported and can be used instead of
- Add the server license file (
license.server.1234) to the machine where Arm Licence Server is installed, and copy your file into the
/opt/arm/licenceserver/<version>/licencesdirectory.Note: If you install the Arm Licence Server to a custom installation path, you must also edit the
ALLINEA_TOOLS_PATHvariable to match the custom path in the
allinea_licensing_initscript, in the
- Restart Arm Licence Server to enable it to detect the new floating license.
- See Arm Licence Server for information about set up and configuration.
- See Use Arm Licence Server in the Arm Licence Server user guide.