Setting up a floating license for Arm Allinea Studio
Follow these steps to set up a floating license for Arm Allinea Studio. To set up a named user license, see Adding a named user license for Arm Allinea Studio instead.
Before you begin
- To use floating licenses, you must have installed Arm Licence Server on the designated license server machine. Start Arm License server before running any of the Arm Allinea Studio tools.
- A floating license consists of a server license file and a client license file. If you don't already have these files, request a valid license here.
- Before running the tools, check that the client license contains the host name or IP address of the machine running the Arm Licence Server.
- Add the client license to the machine where Arm Allinea Studio is installed. Create a directory called
- Copy your license file to
/opt/arm/licenses.Note: If you choose to put the license file in a different location, you must set the
ARM_HPC_COMPILER_LICENSE_SEARCH_PATHenvironment variable to point to it. See Changing the license file location.
- Arm Forge and Arm Performance Reports search for individual licenses in their specific installation directories. If you do not have separate license files for Forge and Performance Reports, you must set the
ARM_LICENSE_DIRenvironment variable to point these tools to your Arm Allinea Studio license.
export ARM_LICENSE_DIR=/opt/arm/licensesNote: The ALLINEA_LICENSE_DIR environment variable is still supported alongside the ARM_LICENSE_DIR environment variable.
- Add the server license file to the machine where Arm Licence Server is installed. Create a directory called
/opt/arm/licenceserverdirectory and copy your license file to it.
- Restart Arm Licence Server to pick up the new floating license.
- For more information about Arm License Server, see Using Arm Licence Server in the Arm Licence Server user guide.
- To set up the license file in a different directory location than the default, see Changing the license file location.
- Arm Allinea Studio Licensing.