Arm Forge Release History
This page describes the changes between releases of Arm Forge.
What's new in Allinea Forge 5.0
Allinea Forge 5.0 covers the following releases:
- Allinea Forge 5.0.0
- Allinea Forge 5.0.1
Release Note for Release History Allinea Forge 5.0
Changes since Allinea Forge 5.0.1:
- 5.0.1-43279: Fix "did not reach MPIR_Breakpoint within 10000 events" bug.
- 5.0.1-43242: Exclude Python byte code files from backend tarballs as this causes issues with file permissions.
- 5.0.1-43160: Fix "did not reach MPIR_Breakpoint within 10000 events" bug. - Fix rare crash in GDB (htab_find <- find_subfile ...). - Improve shared symbol file creation handling on BG/Q.
- 5.0.1-43113: Fix very slow MAP analysis on some systems. - Fix bug in remote daemon which could prevent the licence check from running.
- 5.0.1-43066: Optimize variable printing speed of deeply nested C++ classes in DDT.
- 5.0.1-43050: Fix multidimensional array visualization when GUI node and compute node byte-order differs.
- 5.0.1-42987: Fix persistence of the always look for source files locally option in user configuration.
- 5.0.1-42956: Fix issue finding runjob when attaching on a Bluegene/Q system.
- 5.0.1-42895: Add environment variable ALLINEA_DISABLE_THREAD_SPARKLINES to disable thread sparklines in situations when they are making DDT unresponsive.
- 5.0.1-42776: Fix GDB handling a fork+exec when default breakpoint 'stop on exec' is not set while 'stop on fork' is.
- 5.0.1-42708: Release floating licences when the remote daemon exits due to the client unexpectedly disconnecting. - Fix function evaluations and Fortran function argument passing.
- 5.0.1-42607: Faster, more responsive and more stable remote client. - Fix intermittent startup failure on Cray X-series and Bluegene systems.
- 5.0.1-42591: Fix GDB handling of Fortran array subscription and function calls when short-circuiting the RHS of a logical .AND. or .OR. .
- 5.0.1-42365: Add workaround for buggy compilers that emit invalid DWARF indirect string offsets.
- 5.0.1-42253: Fix update of remote client GUI when configuration reloaded. - Add validation to matrix_mult example. - Fix Mac remote client freezing when viewing GPU memory usage in DDT. - Fix failure to obtain I/O metrics. - Fix segfault when rapidly clicking on DDT's process group widget. - Fix sampler stopping on a process in MPI only code. - Fix OpenMP checkbox missing from Run window after tool switching from DDT to MAP. - Fix Cray start up issue due to DDT re-enabling memory debugging preload.
- 5.0.1-42095: Add write-only watchpoints by default.
- 5.0.1-42034: Fix GDB-762 segfault on Fedora-19.
- 5.0.1-42032: Fix segfault when double-clicking empty area in logbook.
- 5.0.1-41963: Avoid terminating PlatformMPI's mpirun with SIGTERM when ending a session as this may result in the termination of the enclosing queue submission script.
- 5.0.1-41883: Fix rare crash in GDB when looking up an undefined symbol.
- 5.0.1-41707: Allow floating licences to specify the ports available for use by Allinea Forge.
Changes for Allinea Forge 5.0.1:
- Support for CUDA 7.0
- CUDA metrics for Allinea MAP and Allinea Performance Reports.
Changes since Allinea Forge 5.0:
- 5.0-41664: Enable dereferencing of pointers in some STL containers in DDT (e.g. stl::vector and stl::set).
- 5.0-41628: Fix updating of the 'selected frame' highlighting displayed by DDT's PSV.
- 5.0-41541: Fix profiler library 'allinea_type_size' linker error.
- 5.0-41402: Fix display of std::unique_ptr variables.
- 5.0-41375: Prevent abort in the MPI wrapper in functions with arguments of type MPI_Datatype when given the value MPI_DATATYPE_NULL.
- 5.0-41047: Attempt to display a file and approximate line number for the entry point of a profiled program if the exact line number is not specified in the program's DWARF.
- 5.0-40983: Allow preloading the sampler library for non-MPI programs on Cray
- 5.0-40982: Prevent GDB getting into an infinite loop when a class has a class-scope member of its own type and the base class also has such a member with the same name.
- 5.0-40932: Fix detection of when sampler library has been statically linked to target executable.
- 5.0-40901: Fix missing MAP metrics when profiling native Xeon Phi programs.
- 5.0-40881: Fix positioning of the 'Overall Memory Statistics' window.
Changes for Allinea Forge 5.0:
- Allinea Forge unified branding.
- Edit and recompile from within DDT and MAP.
- MAP profiles multiple threads and supports OpenMP regions.
- Flat profile Function view in MAP. Time glyphs removed from Project Files view.
- Replaced make-map-*-libraries and make-profiler-*-libraries scripts with a single make-profiler-libraries script.
- Sparklines for OpenMP threads in DDT 'Focus on Process' mode.
- Offline logs now include source code snippets and an optional memory leak report.
- Multi-Dimensional Array Viewer supports staggered arrays.
- Scalable startup for SLURM, including 'native' SLURM support for Cray X-series.
- Window setup executable is signed.
- 'Magnified mode' no longer used on Mac OS X for retina displays.
- CAPS HMPP support removed.