Arm Forge Release History
This page describes the changes between releases of Arm Forge.
What's new in Allinea Forge 7.0
Allinea Forge 7.0 covers the following releases:
- Allinea Forge 7.0.0
- Allinea Forge 7.0.1
- Allinea Forge 7.0.2
- Allinea Forge 7.0.3
- Allinea Forge 7.0.4
- Allinea Forge 7.0.5
- Allinea Forge 7.0.6
Release Note for Release History Allinea Forge 7.0
Changes for Allinea Forge 7.0.6:
- Add pretty-printers for debugging Qt 5 strings.
- Updated recommended Intel compiler flags (user guide section E6).
- Fixed a bug affecting --stop-after on some SLES 11 systems.
Changes for Allinea Forge 7.0.5:
- Fix OS/X application signing.
- Fix missing identifiers in Fortran derived data types.
- Improve support for breakpoints in functions without debug info on little-endian PowerPC systems.
- Fix a conflict with the Cray C++ STL library when using static linking.
Changes for Allinea Forge 7.0.4:
- Fix an issue with dlsym under IBM Spectrum MPI that affected profiling of hybrid MPI+OpenMP codes.
Changes for Allinea Forge 7.0.3:
- Add support for shmem_init_thread() to DDT.
- Fix issue related to Intel KNL high bandwidth memory debugging.
Changes for Allinea Forge 7.0.2:
- Allow attaching to SLURM jobs when srun is wrapped in a script.
- New I/O functions tracked: pread_nocancel and pwrite_nocancel.
- Add auto-detection support for PlatformMPI 188.8.131.52.
- Include cumulative memory statistics for hbw_memalign and hbw_realloc.
- Add MP_IN_PLACE and MPI_BOTTOM support to SGI MPT wrappers.
- Fix a rare crash in offline mode.
- Include metrics SDK documentation in map/metrics/doc/.
Changes for Allinea Forge 7.0.1:
- Call allinea_plugin_cleanup in custom metrics at the end of a profiling job.
- Make a "onePerNode" attribute available for custom metrics that should only collect one process of each node.
- Fix a bug that prevented high-bandwidth memory allocations being tracked correctly.
- Fix an issue that caused incorrect summation values in some tooltips.
Changes for Allinea Forge 7.0:
- Add metrics to MAP based on PAPI counters, including rates of cache misses, FLOPS and cycles per instruction.
- Add Lustre metadata metrics to the Advanced Metrics Pack add-on.
- Allow profiling of programs that use MPI_THREAD_MULTIPLE and MPI_THREAD_SERIALIZED (MPI calls tracked on main thread only).
- DDT and MAP now support Spectrum MPI (mpirun mode) for IBM Power (PPC64le little-endian, POWER8).
- MAP profiler data can now be exported as JSON for use with continuous integration and regression testing systems.
- Totals across all processes / nodes now appear in the metric graph tooltips in MAP.
- Provide module files to simplify static and dynamic linking of the Allinea profiler libraries on the Cray (in share/modules/cray).
- DDT now decorates the memory allocations displayed in both the Memory Usage and Memory Statistics dialogs with memory kind data.
- Enhance display of Fortran multi-dimensional arrays.
- Add support for preloading custom metrics libraries to MAP.
- Fix issue with reverse connect feature being blocked by some firewalls.
- Fix the pointer details dialog not working for some class, struct and union types.
- Fix reported location for function breakpoints when restoring a debugging session in DDT.
- Fix CUDA_VISIBLE_DEVICES value for srun launch.
- Fix an issue in which Job Submission Settings were not saved in session files.
- Fix a linker error on some Cray systems that occured when explicitly linking Allinea libraries.
- Categorise OpenACC-CUDA functions as GPU functions.