Arm Performance Reports
This page lists the Arm Performance Reports release history.
Details on Release Versions, and links to the Release Notes and Documentation are provided below.
What's new in Allinea Performance Reports 6.1
Allinea Performance Reports 6.1 covers the following releases:
- Allinea Performance Reports 6.1.0
- Allinea Performance Reports 6.1.1
- Allinea Performance Reports 6.1.2
Release Note for Release History Allinea Performance Reports 6.1
Changes for Allinea Performance Reports 6.1.2:
- Performance Reports: I/O metrics are not available on some systems, including Cray systems. CPU instruction metrics are only available on x86_64 systems. Thread activity is not sampled whilst a process is inside an MPI call with a duration spanning multiple samples.
- MPICH 3: MPICH 3.0.3 and 3.0.4 did not work with the Allinea Performance Reports due to an MPICH defect. MPICH 3.1 addressed this and is fully supported.
- SLURM: On Cray X-series systems only 'native' SLURM is supported - 'hybrid' mode is not supported.
- PGI compilers: Version 14.9 or later of the PGI compilers is required to compile the Allinea MAP MPI wrappers as a static library.
Changes for Allinea Performance Reports 6.1.1:
- Fix a case where standard input would not be forwarded during non-interactive sessions when the source was a file on a Lustre filesystem.
- Add support for profiling programs where all MPI communication takes place on a single non-main thread.
- Fix an issue where CUDA runtime and driver version mismatches were sometimes silently ignored.
- Fix an issue that prevented the graphical installer from working on Suse 12
- Remove the temporary .build directories for the precompiled MPI wrappers.
- Fix crash on startup for Cray systems with an old version of wlm_detect.
- Fix multiple compilers being used to compile MPI wrappers.
Changes for Allinea Performance Reports 6.1:
- Profiling support for Knights Landing (KNL) Xeon Phi product family.
- Support for CUDA 8.0.
- Enable CUDA support on POWER.
- Preloading the Allinea profiler libraries is now supported for dynamically linked programs on Cray X-Series / Cray MPT systems.
- Preloading the Allinea profiler libraries when using Slurm versions older than 14.11 is now supported.
- Precompiled Allinea MPI wrappers are now provided for OpenMPI (1.6 and up), Intel MPI (5.0 and up), MPICH2, MPICH3, Bullx MPI, MVAPICH2 and Cray MPI.
- Licences are now tied to architectures. x86_64 and i686 are taken as defaults if no architectures are specified in the licence file.
- Fixed CUDA 7.5 not working on Cray systems.
- Output CPU and accelerator energy (Wh) in csv reports.
- Output Performance report metrics to DCIM (e.g. Ganglia) through customisable script.
- Performance reports will no longer show spurious TopologyFile::readEntry warnings on some systems.
- Programs that dynamically load OpenMP at runtime will no longer crash.
- If a system does not have have I/O accounting enabled for all filesystems Performance Reports will fall back to reporting only Lustre I/O.
- Added support for Platform MPI to Express Launch mode.
- Programs using Platform MPI will now have their working directory set correctly.
- Added support for statically linking the profiler libraries on Cray systems that are using binutils >= 2.25.
- Added automatic SLURM detection on Cray.
- Fixed an issue that could cause unnecessary sampling overhead when profiled program makes redundant calls to dlopen or dlclose.
- Include stat/lstat/fstat calls in I/O metrics.
- Prevent spurious "Maximum backtrace size in sampler exceeded, stack too deep." messages appearing.