Change the license file location
Before you begin
- A workstation license, is a single file supplied by Arm.
- A floating license includes two files: Server license file (
license.<license number>), and client license file (
- Server license file names must begin with
license, or the variant spelling
- License file names are not case sensitive.
- You can append unique identifiers to license file names for storing multiple licenses in the same directory. For example, add the server license serial number,
license.server.1234, or include
clientin the client license name,
- Ensure that you have suitable administrative permissions for performing these tasks on the target machines.
- Copy the client license file to a custom directory location.
Note: Do not edit the contents of the license file because doing so might prevent the license from working.
- Configure the
ALLINEA_LICENSE_DIRenvironment variable to find the custom license location:
Note: You can also use
export ALLINEA_LICENSE_DIR=</custom path>/licenses
- If you have multiple licenses for Arm Forge tools (Arm DDT, Arm MAP, Arm Performance Reports) copy the license files to the product installation directory: