This topic describes how to set up a floating license for Arm Forge, for use with Arm Licence Server.
If you have a single workstation license, see Add a workstation license for Arm Forge instead. The Arm Licence Server is not required.
Before you begin
- To use a floating license, download and Install Arm Licence Server on the designated license server machine.
- A floating license includes two files: Server license file (
licence.<license number>), and client license file (
- Server license file names must begin with
license, or the variant spelling
- License file names are not case sensitive.
- You can append unique identifiers to license file names for storing multiple licenses in the same directory. For example, add the server license serial number,
license.server.1234, or include
clientin the client license name,
- If you need to obtain a license, request a license.
- Ensure that the client license contains the host name or IP address of the machine running the Arm Licence Server.
- On the machine where Arm Forge is installed, create a directory called
- Copy your client license file to
/opt/arm/licenses.Note: If you store the license file in a custom location, see Change the license file location.
- Arm Forge searches for individual licenses in the Forge installation directory. If you have a single license file for Forge tools, set either the
ARM_LICENSE_DIRenvironment variable to point this tool to your Arm license.
ALLINEA_LICENSE_DIRis still supported and can be used instead.
- Add the server license file to the machine where Arm Licence Server is installed, and copy your file into the
/opt/arm/licenceserver/<version>/licensesdirectory.Note: If you install the Licence Server in a custom installation path, set the
ARM_LICENSE_DIRenvironment variable to point to the custom license directory.
- Restart Arm Licence Server to enable it to detect the new floating license.