- Download and run the Arm Forge Remote client installation package from the Arm Forge downloads page.
Note: The Arm Forge Remote Client installation package includes the PuTTY software SSH client.
- Start a new PuTTY session by opening the PuTTY executable file supplied in the archive folder of the Arm Forge Remote Client installation package.
- Enter your connection details, such as Proxy and Identity files.
Note: If you use an SSH-2 private key generated by OpenSSH or ssh.com standards, ensure that you convert it to the PuTTY standard (format key - *.ppk) using the PuTTYgen key generator.
- Start PuTTYgen and click Load to browse to your existing key.
- Locate and select your existing private key, and click Open to load it.
- Confirm the PuTTYgen prompt, and click Save private key in the Key dialog box.
- In the Category navigation tree, expand Connection/SSH, and select Auth.
- Browse to the location of the private key file, and select it.
- Select Session and click Save to store your connection settings.
Note: Saving your session makes it available on your Windows system through the registry. Arm Forge Remote Client automatically finds this configuration.
- Start Arm Forge Remote Client and click Remote Launch/Configure.
- Add a new configuration and configure it using the PuTTY session you just saved as the host name.
- Click Test Remote Launch to verify everything is working, and click OK when the setup is complete.
For more information, see Configuring your SSH connection on Windows for Arm Remote Client.