Fast Models are accurate, flexible programmer's view models of Arm IP, allowing you to develop software such as drivers, firmware, OS and applications prior to silicon availability. They allow full control over the simulation, including profiling, debug and trace. Fast Models can be exported to SystemC and TLM 2.0, allowing integration into the wider SoC design process.
What's new in Fast Models?
- The Ethos-U55 NPU model has been added to the Fast Models portfolio. Currently we support Linux hosts only. Windows support will follow in a subsequent release.
- The Cortex-M55 model supports Custom Datapath Extension (CDE).
- Cortex-A78AE and Cortex-R82 Fast Models are available as add-on packages on request. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
- System Register trace sources have been extended to capture CRm, CRn, opc0, opc1, and opc2 fields.
- Visual Studio 2019 support.
- FastRAM optimization - FastRAM is a cache of very large DMI pointers (64 Mb). When enabled, accesses to the platform RAM by the bus masters does not need to use the platform bus models at all, which can results in very significant speed improvements with complex platforms and workloads. See the Fast Models documentation for more information.