What is Technical Support Entitlement?
A technical support entitlement for DS-5 or MDK-Flex tools provides the following benefits:
- Immediate access to new releases, to ensure that you stay up-to-date with product enhancements.
- New features.
- Bug fixes.
- Technical support.
Permanent DS-5 and MDK-Flex Licenses will continue to work even if your technical support entitlement expires. However, you will not receive any support or updates. To continue receiving these benefits, Arm recommends that you renew your technical support entitlement before it expires.
Arm will send an e-mail to your registered e-mail address when your technical support entitlement is about to expire.
Renewing your Technical support Entitlement
To renew your technical support entitlement, contact your supplier or your local Arm Sales Office to request renewal. Once renewal has been completed, you will receive a notification that a new version of your license is ready to generate. This new license file will incorporate your new technical support date, and will need to replace your original license file.
You can only renew a license associated to your account. If you have any questions or require assistance, contact Arm license support.
Generating a new license file
To generate a new license file:
- Once you have arranged the renewal of your technical support entitlement, you will receive an email. This email contains a link to the license generation page on the Arm Self-Service portal. Click this link to go to the page, logging in to the portal first if necessary.
- Ensure the Serial Number field is populated with your serial number, inclusive of –‘s and click Get License. (If you have navigated to https://silver.arm.com/licensing/generate.tm manually, then you will need to populate the serial number field).
- Your hostID field should be auto-populated with the current hostID linked to the license. This field will not be editable as this is a renewal of the serial number. Click Renew.
- You will be advised that the license file has been created. Press View to view and/or save the new license file.
- Pressing View will open a new window with your license file text. Click Save to save the license file to your computer.
Note: If you have a Node Locked license, replace the old version of the license file with the new one in the same location as before.