Release Note for Morello Development Tools Downloads Morello Instruction Emulator 1.1
The Morello Instruction Emulator (Morello IE) is a tool for software developers and researchers who are interested in the Morello architecture. It allows running userspace Morello applications on AArch64 Linux systems in a non-Morello environment and provides a number of tools for analysing Morello applications.
Morello IE is released in pre-built binary form and requires the following:
- AArch64 v8.x GNU/Linux system (for example, Red Hat 7.x or Ubuntu 18.04).
- AArch64 v8.x hardware and existing user space environment of a Linux system.
- The host system must have Glibc 2.17 or above.
Please note that the following is included in this release of Morello IE:
- Improved and configurable instruction and memory tracing.
- Interactive debugger.
- Experimental CPU cache model.
- Improved launcher for running applications under the emulator.
- Improved support for C library API emulation.
- Improved performance of emulation.
- The emulator command line options are changed incompatibly.
- Support for running statically linked Purecap Morello applications.
- Support for running statically and dynamically linked Hybrid Morello applications.
- Multi-threaded applications support (experimental).
The following bugs are fixed in this release:
- Fixed: Application value in x26, x27, x28 registers might be overwritten.
- Fixed: Non-scaled memory references computed incorrectly.
- Fixed: Emulated memory tags are not copied during memory copy.
- Fixed: Emulated memory tags are not deleted after free or realloc.
- Fixed: Sizes of some objects in libc emulation may not be correct on all platforms.
Please e-mail any questions to email@example.com.