Cortex-M0 and Cortex-M3
Start developing your custom SoC with access to the industry-leading Arm Cortex-M0 and Cortex-M3 processors for no upfront fee, just a success-based royalty model.
The Arm Cortex-M0 processor is the smallest Arm processor available. It has an exceptionally small silicon area, low power and minimal code footprint to enable developers to achieve 32-bit performance at an 8-bit price point.
The IP package includes:
The Arm Cortex-M3 processor is the industry-leading 32-bit processor for highly deterministic real-time applications. The Cortex-M3 processor is specifically developed for high-performance, low-cost platforms.
The IP package includes:
Arm Keil MDK
Arm Keil MDK is the perfect development toolchain for your software development on Cortex-M based platforms. With DesignStart Pro you can access a 90-day license of Keil MDK Essential, which includes the following:
- Leverage CMSIS to scale your device support across the Arm ecosystem.
- Get the best out of your Cortex-M SoC with the highly optimized Arm Compiler.
- Write, build and debug software for your platform with just a few clicks.
IAR Embedded Workbench
With DesignStart Pro, you can access a 90-day trial of IAR Embedded Workbench for high-performance development tools.
MPS2+ FPGA Prototyping Board
The MPS2+ FPGA Prototyping Board is built specifically for the Cortex-M processors - the platform of choice for DesignStart.
- Impressive, low-cost, feature-rich, development platform.
- Quick and easy to prototype with the Cortex-M0 and Cortex-M3 processors.
- Out-of-the-box support for Mbed OS (available for Cortex-M3 only).
Design, debug and optimize with cycle-accurate models
Arm Cycle Models are a fast and convenient way to design your system.
- Easy to set up and run in place of RTL in a simulator, with a significantly faster execution.
- Software visualization and debug with trace data.
- 100% cycle accurate.
Training and Support
Arm offers a range of training, support and documentation for companies looking to commercialise with DesignStart.
Arm offers expert training for DesignStart products, created by Arm Engineers and starting at $99.
We offer an RTL review for DesignStart customers, to help verify your SoC design and reduce risk before tape out.
Instantly access information and support from Arm experts, ecosystem partners and other DesignStart designers
Arm Flexible Access
If you would like to evaluate and design solutions with a broader range of Arm IP, learn more about Arm Flexible Access.
Arm Flexible Access offers the freedom to explore and design with a wide-ranging package of Arm IP, tools and services - with licensing due only when your SoC design is ready and committed for manufacture.