Dynamic Soft Shadows Based on Local Cubemaps
Requires Unity 5.0.0 or higher.
This project shows how to implement a new shadow rendering technique based on local cubemaps.
The transparency of the scene is rendered offline in the alpha channel of the cubemap. At runtime this info is used to decide if the fragment is lit or in shadows.
Cubemap mipmap interpolation is used to reproduce the softness of the shadows.
This pack includes:
- A complete working project that combines shadows based on local cubemaps and shadow mapping techniques.
- An Editor tool to render the transparency of the scene boundary in the alpha channel of the cubemap.
- Shader implementation of the technique.
- Shader that combines shadows based on local cubemaps and shadow mapping techniques.
- Readme file with a detailed explanation of the technique.