Arm IP for Advanced Research
Accessing the fully configurable (full RTL) Cortex-M0, Cortex-M3, or Cortex-A5 processors and their subsystems for academic research is straightforward. Please read the below key points of the access agreement before downloading.
Key aspects of the agreement:
- The IP is for use by academics and for academic research only, including for generating/using course and teaching materials.
- You may only use the IP to design and manufacture products that contain the Arm processor downloaded
- You may manufacture and test up to 1,000 chips
- You may use third parties to manufacture, package and test your integrated circuits. Note that some Arm products may include constraints on which third parties you can use
- You may use the IP in FPGA development boards for internal use of evaluating your design or developing software applications
- You may not modify the IP (other than as set out in the license)
- You may not distribute the IP, your designs or manufactured integrated circuits to third parties
- The results you generate may contain confidential information of Arm and hence you shall not disclose such information without Arm’s consent
- By downloading and using the materials you are making a representation to Arm that you are an academic and that you accept the terms of the agreement, both personally and on behalf of the academic institution you represent.
- The term of the agreement is 3 years
Please note that the above is not the license to Arm IP; you should read the full terms of the license before agreeing to it!